Monday, September 1, 2008

Why I Run

I've never actually sat down and thought about why I run. Like most kids I ran around a lot. Growing up with two brothers I was pretty much a tomboy. I played football and baseball in our front yard; and basketball on our court. My older brother was alway bigger, strong, and faster then me so in order to keep up with him I had to work extra hard. I've always enjoyed running as long as I had a reason to run. If I'm chasing a ball I could run all day, which I suppose comes from playing sports with my brothers. In 8th grade I was on the track team and discovered I didn't enjoy running just to run. I got bored. I could run all day on a basketball court ((which is the sport i love)). To be honest the only reason I run now is to stay in shape. It is one of the best things you can do. When I run I start thinking of all of the other things I should be doing instead. I have to have someone to keep me going. Hopefully by the end of this class I will have learned to enjoy running!

No comments: