Monday, September 1, 2008

Why Do I Run??

From as far back as kindergarten and first grade I have been in love with running! I remember outrunning grown men in a race when i was just five or six years old. I believe I learned the joy of running by hearing about my dad running in high school and getting to run with him in races as a young child. I requested this class because I knew we would be running! I love to run because it actually gives me a chance to "stop" and think about what is on my mind. I also love running by myself anywhere because then I don't have to think about those things and i can just let my mind run its course. I can sort of let go of everything that is trying me and get a handle the conflicts life tosses at me. I also enjoy the competitiveness of running!! I love to time myself to see how fast I went or how far I went. It gives me a sense of accomplishment. A lot of people I talk to think I am crazy because I like to run. But, for me it isn't like work, it is something I do for myself.

No comments: