Monday, September 1, 2008

Why I Run??

From the moment I could walk, I was running. Never had I stopped to think why I actually run. It seemed very surprising to me that after a few hours of thinking I still couldn't find a real good reason why I run. I do know that when I run I feel relaxed and at one with nature. A nice morning jog is all I need to straighten out my problems. Now that I think about it more, I believe I run for a few reasons. Some of the main reasons being that I feel better/relaxed, I can think clearly, I feel better about myself confidently, and for a few years while I was in high school I ran competitively, I ran for the sole purpose of being the best.

My mother is a pretty big runner. She is the first person I ran with. She got me addicted to it. After that my older brother ran state at a very young age, and I thought to myself that I can be just as good as him. So what was a relaxing run became a competition.

No comments: